Home >> IVF and Infertility
IVF and Infertility
IVF is used as an effective treatment for infertility. Infertility is a common problem. One in six couples confronts problems with infertility. Overall, this means 7-8 million people have difficulty conceiving naturally. Fortunately, with medical evaluations and assistance, successful treatments are available to identify and address infertility problems in almost every case. Infertility is a common problem and you are not alone.
It is generally used in couples who have failed to conceive after at least one year of trying. But some patients may need early infertility evaluation. For example, patients over the age of 35 and those with irregular menstrual periods may need early evaluation. Those who have had tubal ligations, a vasectomy, endometriosis, or recurrent pregnancy loss are encouraged to seek early evaluation as well.
The IVF process involves:
- Stimulating multiple follicles and eggs to develop
- Egg retrieval to get the eggs
- Fertilizing the eggs in the laboratory
- Embryo transfer to the uterus
Louise Brown is known as the world’s first “test-tube baby,” conceived through in vitro fertilization (IVF). She was born in July of 1978 in England. Since then, in-vitro fertilization, or IVF, has become so common that researchers now estimate that some 5 million babies have followed Louise Brown’s much-heralded delivery.
In vitro fertilization increases the efficiency of human reproduction, which is often not very efficient naturally. AFGC, (Advanced Fertility and Gynaecology Centre) has been established with the sole aim of helping those couples, who are suffering from infertility. Here, we have modern lab technology to maximize success for every patient. IVF treatment is decided after detailed consultation, investigation and counselling by our experienced consultants, under the expert guidance & supervision of Dr. Kaberi Banerjee.
Dr. Kaberi Banerjee is an IVF specialist who had her training and practice in the UK’s Assisted Reproduction and Gynecology Center, London which is known in Europe for their high success rate.
She is a seasoned Obstetrician & Gynaecologist with more than a decade of experience in IVF infertility management. She has a successful practise of over 22+ years and has worked as Senior IVF specialist in major corporate hospitals in Delhi. She has done more than 53000 IVF cycles so far and specialises in repeated IVF failures, donor and surrogacy. She is one of the best IVF Doctors in Delhi.
Her dedicated efforts and pioneering work in this field has been recognized worldwide. Some of the prestigious awards and honours, she has been felicitated with are as follows :
- Recently, Advance Fertility & Gynecological Centre Won the Prestigious Award For ‘The Leading IVF Centres in South East Asia’. The award ceremony was held at Dubai and the award was granted by the esteemed Pricewaterhouse Coopers in association with Asiaone and URS Media. The event saw the presence of renowned personalities and medical professionals from across the countries who are pioneers in the field of assisted reproductive technology. June 2017.
- Abstract entitled “EVALUATION OF QUALITY OF LIFE IN INDIAN INFERTILE COUPLES, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee, Dr. Bhavana Singla”, has been accepted for ORAL PRESENTATION at the 7th Congress of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE 2017), to be held during 30 March – 2 April 2017, at The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia.
- Abstract entitled “ACCEPTANCE OF DONOR EGGS, DONOR SPERMS OR DONOR EMBRYOS IN INDIAN INFERTILE COUPLES, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee, Dr. Bhavana Singla”, has been accepted for POSTER PRESENTATION at the 7th Congress of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE 2017), to be held during 30 March – 2 April 2017, at The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia.
- President’s Prize for poster presented at the 52nd annual meeting of the Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Tokushima, Japan in April 2000
- Commonwealth Scholarship (2004-5) for training in Assisted Conception (IVF-ICSI) at St. Thomas hospital, London
- IMAAMS Distinguished Service Award in IVF in 2007
- Bharat Jyoti Award in 2008 for outstanding contribution in medicine
- 7th July 2015 – India Excellence Award By Bharat Nirman Foundation
- 10th December 2015 – Certificate of Excellence in Medicine By India Today Group
- 15th Jan 2016 – (Speaker) All India Congress of Obs and Gynae Agra – Endometrial Receptivity
- 22nd Jan 2016 – (Examiner) Royal Congress of Obs and Gynae- Delhi
- April 2016 – (Moderator) Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction, Jakarta – Optimizing IUI outcome
- 12th June 2016 – (Speaker) Stem cell Congress, Delhi – Stem cell – Indian scernario
- 26th June 2016 – (Panelist) CME on Male Infertility, Delhi – Anti oxidants in Male infertility
- 9th July 2016 – (Speaker) FABCON (Fertility and Beyond), Jaipur – When not to do IVF
- 16th July 2016 – (Speaker) Blossom CME, Surat – Endometrial Receptivity
- 23rd July 2016 – (Moderator) Delhi ISAR Workshop, Delhi – Male Infertility
- 23rd July 2016 – (Speaker) Delhi ISAR Workshop, Delhi – Fertility in cancer patients
- 25th July 2016 – (Speaker) Shivam CME, Delhi – Hyperresponders PCOS
- 7th Aug 2016 – (Speaker) Pan India Webcast – Best Stimulation Strategy
- 7th Aug 2016 – (Moderator) Anand ISAR, Anand – Optimizing IVF outcome
- 12th Aug 2016 – (Speaker) INSTAR Conference, Kochi – Luteal support
- 13th Aug 2016 – (Moderator) INSTAR Conference, Kochi – Should foreigners be allowed surrogacy
- 13th Aug 2016 – (Moderator) INSTAR Conference, Kochi – Thin Endometrium
IVF and Infertility Services
Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- IVF Pregnancy
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval
- Frozen Embryo Replacement Cycle (FERC)
- Donor Sperms
- Donor Eggs
Infertility Treatment in Female
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Tubal Patency Test
- Follicular Monitoring
Infertility Treatment in Male
- Semen Analysis
- Hormone Test
- Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy